How Stressed Are You?
Tick against each question which applies to you. Score one point for each ticked box.
1. Do you feel you sleep too much or too little (doesn't matter which)?
2. Do you have difficulty sitting still and relaxing?
3. Do you suffer back or neck pain from tense or stiff muscles?
4. Are you easily irritated or constantly angry?
5. Do you find it hard to concentrate?
6. Are you often forgetful?
7. Do you feel is everything is piling up on top of you?
8. Do you feel uneasy or anxious a lot of the time?
9. Do you sometimes feel wound-up, over excited or hyperactive?
10. Are you generally unhappy with your lifestyle?
11. Do you fail to have time for your chosen hobbies/interests?
12. Have you developed the habit of drinking, eating or smoking excessively?
13. Are you unable to pace yourself to allow periods of re-energising?
14. Do you fail to reward yourself for your successes?
15. Do you find "empty time" lonely and uncomfortable?
16. Do you find it difficult to talk to others?
17. Do you have relationship difficulties, even with those you love the most?
18. Do you tend to be withdrawn?
19. Do you live or work in an area with a high noise level?
20. Do you suffer from physical environmental discomfort?
21. Do your surroundings conflict with your desired lifestyle?
If your points total 7 or more, you should consider reducing your stress levels. Anything over 12 requires a significant overhaul, whereas 16 or more indicates a lifestyle rethink may be in order.